- Destructive to garments.
Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
James 5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
- Destroyed by the slightest touch.
Job 4:19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?
- Of God in the execution of His judgments.
Hosea 5:12 Therefore will I be unto Ephraim as a moth, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.
- (Eating a garment,) of God's judgments.
Isaiah 50:9 Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.
Isaiah 51:8 For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.
- (Garments eaten by,) of those who have suffered severe judgments.
Job 13:28 And he, as a rotten thing, consumeth, as a garment that is moth eaten.
- (Making its house in garments,) of man's folly in providing earthly things.
Job 27:18 He buildeth his house as a moth, and as a booth that the keeper maketh.